Lots of things you always wanted to know about me…or not!
(I originally wrote 100 things...but I couldn't get anyone to read it. The current trend is to write 25 things. Even my own daughter wouldn't read 100 things about me. So I edited the best I could, but I couldn't get it down to under 40. When you are over sixty years old, its pretty hard to say only 25 things about yourself. Sorry.)
1. I will be 64 years old on my next birthday (April 9) in 2009.
2. I’ve been married for 39 years this September (2009)
3. My favorite thing to do is play with my grandchildren: a 3 year old boy (as of June 14, 2009) and a 1 year old girl (as of Feb 7th, 2009)
4. I love being around my family (meaning my husband, daughters and their husbands) they are hilarious. Sometimes I laugh so hard I can’t breathe.
5. We were the first family sealed in the San Diego Temple
6. I love food. I love to see it, smell it, cook it, and most of all EAT it.
7. I ‘m one of the two people on the planet that actually likes fruitcake
8. I love cooking (but hate cleaning up afterwards)
9. I HATE cilantro (it tastes like Ivory Liquid – and who wants to pour that over their food? (How do I know what Ivory Liquid tastes like? Trust me. I know.)
10. I like sweets. I have a stash of red vines and Reisens in three rooms of my house.
11. I love chick flicks and comedies (and I especially love to go with my daughters).
12. I’d rather stay up until 3:00 a.m. than get up at that hour.
13. I was a “stripper” in college. (Ha, that got your attention didn’t it? But I wasn’t the kind of stripper you’re thinking. I worked for Robert Hall Clothes. I “stripped” the tags off the new suits as they came in. My actual job title was “Stripper.” My friends all thought that was hilarious so they nick named me “Bubbles.”
14. I LOVE to shop – for anybody, anytime. I start my Christmas shopping in August and I have all my gifts purchased (not necessarily wrapped) by Thanksgiving. That way I can enjoy December and have time to participate in any charitable projects that arise.
15. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
16. I also love Halloween, or any other excuse to dress up in a ridiculous costume. I have a costume closet which looks like a retail store – with costumes from size 6 months to 2X. Boys and Girls. Men and Women’s. (including 40 Moroccan costumes I acquired for a Moroccan party I’ve become famous for)
17. I was the ward activities chairman for five years (would have been longer, but I moved).
18. I was relief society president for five years (the longest in our stake)
19. I LOVE to travel. I haven’t been everywhere – but it’s on my list.
20. My favorite vacation spot is Hawaii. (I’ve been going there at least once a year for 38 years – and I’m kicking myself for not buying a place over there, 30 years ago).
21. I was a foreign exchange student to Turkey while I was in high school.
22. When I met my husband, I had lived in Los Angeles for 23 years but had never been to Beverly Hills. He asked why. I said, “I don’t know anyone there.”
23. I ran away from home once when I was a child. Well, sort of. I actually hid in a closet with a box of Cheerios because I wasn’t allowed to cross the street. I was a very obedient child. ( I have also been a very obedient adult. I won’t cross the street on a red light – even at midnight with no cars coming – and I’ve never had a speeding ticket.)
24. I love living in San Diego. It may not be Heaven, but it is in the same zip code.
25. I don’t like skiing. I don’t like to be cold, I don’t like heights, and I don’t like speed. (But I do love ski clothes. I buy a really cute outfit and then just plop myself down in front of a fireplace with a bowl of chili and/or a mug of hot chocolate and pretend to be winding down from a day on the slopes).
26. I am a very “careful” person. I don’t do anything that might hurt me. ( I would NEVER bungee jump, sky dive, or ride in a hot air balloon.)
27. I love writing. I fear that I spend more time writing about my life than living it. (I’ve published five books )
28. I like reality TV (what can I say…I’m a dork)
29. I have six CD’s in my car and they are all my daughter’s original songs (you can see her and download her music at myspace.com/zuffinetti )
30. My favorite colors are….all of them. Particularly bright ones like hot pink, purple, and orange. But the color I wear the most is black (because it is slimming).
31. I’m not much of a pet person. I never had one as a kid. I let my girls have pets but they never took care of them. Alan and I had to. We had hamsters (kibbles and bits), a turtle (fluffy), several cats (Dolce, Gabbana, & Bonkers), and a golden retriever (Tang - my favorite). We recently bought a home in Las Vegas that had a fish pond with nine Koi and I named them all (Goldilocks, O.J., Ugly Betty, Little Black Sambo, Little Nemo, etc.)
32. I don’t like watching sports
33. I do like watching beauty pageants (I told you I was a dork)
34. I like parties, but I’d rather be in the kitchen preparing and serving food than be a guest. ( I’m a poor conversationalist)
35. I love, love, love the computer. I spend tons of hours on it: writing, reading, shopping, etc.
36. When I travel I like to play computer games on the airplane to pass the time.(Tetris is my favorite - my best so far is 54,000, level 11 with 112 lines. Dr Mario comes in second - 70,500 level 16).
37. I don’t like contention. I don’t yell when I’m angry and I don’t want anyone yelling at me. (Lower your voice. I’m in the room. I can hear you.)
38. I like everyone I meet (until they give me reason not to – and even then, I’m a very forgiving person).
39. I believe in Miracles; I believe in prayer; and I believe God lives and loves me.
40. I’m a very happy person who is content with my life and everyone and everything in it.
(Did you notice I never mentioned that I was humble? – must work on that)
Note to YOU: This was a fun exercise. I challenge you to write one for yourself and e-mail it to me. I want to see it. Jerilynn10@yahoo.com